GJ's BOOK CLUB: END OF SUMMER PICKS
Welp, we survived the travel weekend (just barely, TBH), Cessna and all. Play Doh was probably the biggest hit on the plane with the kids (besides the snacks and iPad), and I survived by popping chill pills and sneaking in little moments to read a book that has rooted itself a firm spot in my top 5 (maybe even top 3!). So, I thought I would share some great end of Summer reads for you guys to enjoy in your final beach days of the year.
- 5. Next Level Basic, Stassi Schroeder: A how-to on embracing your best self that's LOL-inducing. Brought to you by Vanderpump Rules star Stassi Schroder
- 4. Educated: A Memoir, Tara Westover: An inspiring story of a Mormon family with rigid ideology about society and, in particular, education. Westover and her siblings face a great many challenges, and it's a wonder they survived, let alone became educated.
- 3. Before We Were Yours, Lisa Wingate: A novel, based on real life events, about a family torn apart through kidnapping and skeevy orphanages. The beginning is tough for anyone with kids, but its a beautiful story and alls well that ends well.
- 2. Maine, J. Courtney Sullivan: This list wouldn't be complete without a local nod. Maine is a book on sibling rivalry, Catholic guilt, alcoholism and love for a family who summers in Maine.
- 1. Where The Crawdads Sing, Delia Owens: The story of a "swamp girl" in North Carolina. It's a murder mystery, love story and thorough education of native swamp life in one. This book is a can't put it down, up all night, one more chapter kind of read. My personal favorite book I've read in YEARS.
Do you have any books to recommend for Fall? I am on the look out for my next favorite read! And if you read any of these, I'd love to hear your thoughts!